Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Miscellanea

It's June in Maryland and our air conditioning is broken which means Mary Catherine and Mommy have been getting in lots of pool time.



We made our way to Pigtails and Crewcuts recently. Mary's hair grows like crazy (ok, just the back....mullet) and she was way overdue.




My sister, my cousin and some of their little darlings came to visit over Memorial Day weekend. Mary kept Ellie and Harry busy the entire weekend. They taught her how to get her own popsicles out of the freezer. Thanks guys :)

We spent one day in DC doing the tourist thing. Mary spent all her money on this tee shirt and sweet shades from one of the vendors outside of the Smithsonian. No buyers remorse on that face.
Note the fan in the background. Yeah we own a lot of those now. Thank goodness our visitors were from New Hampshire where central air is not the norm. Also they were way too nice to tell us how darn miserable they were.
And this gem is from Sunday afternoon. Sleeping baby in the car gets me every time!

(Yes, I know the car seat straps should be tighter. I'll double check them this afternoon, okay?)
In other news......
Our Accord went to the big parking lot in the sky last week. We replaced it with........a black Accord. We are SO unpredictable, aren't we?
Mary Catherine has been fully potty trained for about a month now. It was a pretty quick process as she is very motivated by M&Ms and fruit snacks.
Inspired by Chris's health kick, I've been getting up every morning at 5:00am to exercise. I've been doing lots of walking, pilates and an exercise video made by the devil, I mean Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser.
Chris is still running and is in a 100 mile cycling race on June 27th. He is also signed up for the Marine Corps Marathon in October.
Did I mention we have no AC?


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Such cute pics-- I love her hair! Also, the carseat comment made me chuckle-- is that for your nestie readers :) ?

The Parks Family said...

It sure is :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com